RATES AND COVERAGE
Current Health Insurance Premiums
The Plan offers three coverage choices for active employees, COBRA participants and non-Medicare eligible retirees: Base Coverage, Choice Coverage, and Select Coverage. Each coverage type is independent of the other.
An employee may choose Base Coverage, Choice Coverage, or Select Coverage at initial enrollment. If timely application is made and the appropriate premium amount is paid, the effective date of coverage for the employee and any eligible dependent(s) begins the first day of employment. If an employee does not enroll or if he waives coverage within 31 days of employment, application may be made only during an open enrollment or special enrollment period.
- The State pays 100 percent of the active employee premium for employees enrolled in Base Coverage or Choice Coverage.
- All employees enrolled in Select Coverage pay a portion of their active employee premium.
- Horizon employees pay $46 per month for employee-only coverage.
- Legacy employees pay $20 per month for employee-only coverage.
An employee who was initially employed before January 1, 2006, is a Legacy Employee. An employee employed on or after January 1, 2006, who was ever a full-time employee of a community/junior college, public library, public school district, State agency or university before January 1, 2006, is also considered a Legacy Employee. An employee initially employed on or after January 1, 2006, is a Horizon Employee.
Rate, Coverage, and Medical Claim Form
- 2023 Premium Rates
- 2022 Premium Rates
- Application for Coverage
- Current life insurance rates for active employees
- Current life insurance rates for retirees
- Medical Claim Form
Federal Notices and Summaries of Coverage
- Transparency in Coverage: Machine-Readable File
- HIPAA Notice
- Surprise Billing Notice 2022
- Actuarial Certification - Minimum Value
- Actuarial Memorandum - Minimum Value
- Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
- 2022 Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs), Base and Select Coverage
- 2023 Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs), Base, Choice, and Select Coverage
- Continuity of Care Request Form
If you still have questions about your coverage, send us an email at KnowYourBenefits@dfa.ms.gov.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi - view health benefits and claims, and Minnesota Life coverage and beneficiary information.