MOTIVATING MISSISSIPPI - KEYS TO HEALTHY LIVING
ActiveHealth Management Resources
Motivating Mississippi – Keys to Living Healthy is the State and School Employees’ Health Insurance Plan’s wellness and preventative health program. Working with ActiveHealth Management, the Plan’s health management vendor, we are dedicated to providing Plan participants with the tools and resources to help them lead healthier lives.
ActiveHealth Management is passionate about helping everyone achieve their best health and focused on providing resources to assist participants in meeting their personal health goals. Services provided by ActiveHealth are included at no additional charge to Plan participants.
- Webinars: Webinars are presented each month to share information on how to get fit and manage health challenges. Participants can participate individually or as a group. Sign into MyActiveHealth.com/Mississippi to register for an upcoming wellness webinar or to view past webinars. You can also click here to view more information.
- Digital Coaching: ActiveHealth Management offers more than 150 topics to inspire, motivate and introduce healthy lifestyle options for participants. Digital coaching is also available 24/7 from a computer or mobile device.
- Informed Care Management: Do you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, heart disease or asthma? You can have a registered nurse as your personal health coach. This one-on-one support doesn’t replace your doctor; it’s just a little extra help from a nurse who’s available on your schedule.
- Online Group Coaching: Want some support as you work to improve your health? You can join live, online classes led by experienced coaches. Join weekly 30-minute sessions that fit your schedule and follow weekly plans that can help you improve your health. Use the chat function to answer questions and reach out to the instructor. Topics may include managing your weight, healthy eating habits, reducing risk for chronic conditions such as pre-diabetes, diabetes, and high blood pressure, and more. Sign into MyActiveHealth.com/Mississippi to register for an upcoming session.
- Maternity Management: You’ll work with a registered nurse over the phone through our ActiveHealth Maternity Management Program. Your nurse coach will help you navigate the changes of pregnancy and understand the needs of your baby and yourself.
- Weight Management: If you’re struggling with your weight, and your BMI is 30 or higher, this program can help you take control of your fitness and nutrition for long-term weight management.
- Tobacco Cessation: Whether you smoke, chew or dip, the program offers the one-on-one support and resources you need to lead a tobacco-free life. You’ll work with a health coach who will provide the support you need. You may even be eligible for free tobacco cessation medications. Other resources include:
- Mississippi Tobacco Quitline
- ACT Center
- Centers for Disease Control-Smoking Cessation
- Mississippi State Department of Health - Office of Tobacco Control
- Tobacco Use Attestation Form
For more information, contact ActiveHealth Management at (866) 939-4721 or go online to MyActiveHealth.com/Mississippi.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi - view health benefits and claims, and Minnesota Life coverage and beneficiary information.