The Bond Advisory Division was statutorily created in 1980 and codified in MCA § 7-1-401. The powers and duties of the Division were codified under MCA § 7-1-403. These powers and duties included but are not limited to the following:
- To inform the Bond Commission member and other interested parties of regulatory and legislative developments as well as information on current economic, financial, and growth conditions of the state;
- To maintain a close working relationship with state agencies authorized to incur bonded indebtedness;
- To require all state agencies or political subdivisions to submit annual financial reports as deemed necessary;
- To maintain a complete record of all outstanding state bonds and make continuing studies and investigations of government bond interest costs;
- To maintain and provide complete, current, and accurate information regarding bonds issued, maturity dates, interest costs, bond market trends and other data;
- To investigate and require reports covering proposed transactions involving bond issues, exchanges, trades, swaps, and redemptions;
- To maintain a personal relationship with rating agencies and state bond investors;
- To cooperate with and provide assistance to counties, municipalities, and other political subdivisions when requested; and
- To assist in the overall promotion of the great State of Mississippi through its bond program.
To accomplish these duties, the Division currently employs the following staff:
Gilda Reyes, Director
Linda Nesline, Bond Analyst
Alicia Rhymes, Bond Compliance Officer
Back to main Bond Advisory webpage
 All sections of the Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended, will be cited as "MCA §".