Kent E. Adams, Real Property Management Director
Real Property Management
RPM Procedure Manual
BRICKS Leases - Cheat sheet
MAGIC Leases - February 11, 2015
Private-to-State Leases - PowerPoint, April 17, 2013
Step by Step BRICKS Process - April 17, 2013
ALL Lease Requests must be submitted 45 days prior to expiration
Attn: vacant, Real Property Management Director
REAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT POLICY
The Bureau of Building, Grounds and Real Property Management approves the following:
The function of the Division of Real Property Management in the review of leases submitted by State Agencies and departments is as follows:
1. Review the lease proposals submitted to this office from the Agencies or from private property owners;
2. Evaluate the proposals submitted to insure to the State that the Policy and Procedure, as required by the Division of Real Property Management for submittal of lease proposals, was followed;
3. Recommend to the Director of the Office of General Services and/or the Public Procurement Review Board the approval of the lease proposal, which, after proper review by the Division of Real Property Management, was the most equitable proposal, submitted per the Division of Real Property Management Policy and Procedure;
4. Lease proposals submitted which, after review by the Division of Real Property Management, are ruled unacceptable due to failure of the Agency to follow the Policy and Procedure required by the Division of Real Property Management will be promptly returned to that Agency with written explanation of the reasons the proposal was found to be unacceptable. The Division of Real Property Management should first notify the Agency by telephone of any problem that will delay a decision on a lease proposal.
5. Unless requested in writing by an Agency, no member of the Division of Real Property Management is to enter into negotiation with any property owner for lease proposals for any specific Agency. Without a specific request from an Agency, the function of the personnel of the Division of Real Property Management is to be limited to the review of the proposals submitted. In the event the Division of Real Property Management, after proper review of lease proposals submitted, concludes that more equitable terms could be obtained for a specific lease, the proper official for the Agency concerned should be notified by telephone with conversations to be recorded by memo to file and followed by a letter from the Division of Real Property Management. The staff of the Division of Real Property Management may recommend to that official the specific terms that should be negotiated or may recommend that the Agency continue to negotiate in general for more equitable terms. No member of the Division of Real Property Management is to enter into direct negotiation with any property owner whose lease proposal has been submitted by an Agency to the Division of Real Property Management for review.
Section 29-5-2 (C), Mississippi Code Annotated (Revised 1990), lists the following as one of the duties of the Office of General Services, Bureau of Building, Grounds and Real Property Management:
To approve or disapprove through the Division of Real Property Management, and with the concurrence of the Public Procurement Review Board, any lease or rental agreements by any state agency or department, including any state agency financed entirely by federal and special funds, for space outside the buildings under the jurisdiction of the Office of General Services. In no event shall any employee, officer, department, federally funded agency or bureau of the state be authorized to enter a lease or rental agreement without prior approval of the Office of General Services and the Public Procurement Review Board.
The Department of Finance and Administration shall be substituted in instances throughout this manual where there are references to the Office of General Services.