The Office of Financial Reporting is the financial reporting office for the State of Mississippi. Office of Financial Reporting staff is listed at the bottom of the page. The Office's responsibilities include:
- Prepare the State of Mississippi's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Perform financial reconciliations of all state accounting functions between the Mississippi's Accountability System for Government Information and Collaboration (MAGIC), Statewide Payroll and Human Resource System (SPAHRS), State Treasury and other control agencies.
- Assist state agencies in matters concerning governmental generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), including preparation of all state agencies’ financial statements (GAAP packets).
- Distribute financial reports necessary for fiscal management at both the individual agency and statewide level.
- Prepare and file the W2s for all state employees processed through SPAHRS.
- Prepare and file 1099s for the majority of state agencies.
- Prepare state-wide cost allocation plan.
- Receive internal control certification letters and assessments.
- Approve commercial bank account additions, deletions and changes.
- 2017 GAAP Letter to Agencies
- Attorney Letter – 2017
- Representation Letter – 2017
- GAAP Entry Template
- GAAP Workshop Slides
- Form 27.30.15 - Investments and Interest Receivable
- Form 27.30.25 - Inventory
- Form 27.30.30 - Loans and Notes Receivable
- Form 27.30.45 - Accounts Payable and Receivable Accruals Recorded by Agency (not in MAGIC)
- Form 27.30.60 - Schedule of Federal Grant Activity
- Form 27.30.65 - Schedule Federal Grant Activity In
- Form 27.30.70 - Federal Sub Grant Activity
- Form 27.30.75 - Transfers Between Funds
- Form 27.30.80 - Unearned Revenue / Deferred Revenues - Other Than Federal
- Form 27.40.15 - Notes Payable and Capital Leases
- Form 27.40.20 - Changes in Long-term Obligations
- Form 27.40.21 - Calculation of Amount Available for Debt Service
- Form 27.50.25 - Construction in Progress
- Form 27.60.20 - Form 27.60.25 - Statement of Cash Flows
- Form 27.70.20 - Agency Funds Changes in Assets Liabilities
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
Supplement to CAFR